August 3, 2020
We have moved to a new location: 4th floor of MSRB3, room 4250, Bays 35-40.
We are accepting samples in the lobby area of MSRB3 on Mondays and Tuesdays between 2 - 3 p.m. Please call (919-684-8224) or email to notify us when you will be submitting samples. We will meet you outside the entrance of MRSB3 to receive your samples.
The Duke Microbiome Shared Resource, administered by the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, provides a centralized resource hub to enhance the existing interactions with the Duke Microbiome Center, Duke Cancer Institute, and Genomic and Computational Biology shared resources to address the role of microbial systems in human healthcare, food production and environmental restoration. This resource will provide access to a variety of services that will enable researchers to focus on microbial communities (bacteria, fungi and virus), immune oncology, cancer research and infectious disease.
We provide consultation on the following:
- Experimental design
- For Germ-free mouse experimental design and services, contact Dr. Mathias Leblanc in the Duke Gnotobiotic Core
- Sample collection protocols
- Online submission request
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support for clinical coordinators
- Pre- and Post- award grant support
- Manuscript preparation
- Schedule merged consultations for data analysis with GCB's Genomic Analysis and Bioinformatics shared resource
Samples will be processed after a consultation. To schedule a consultation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-668-1583.
For all publications that include data generated in the Microbiome Shared Resource, we kindly request that you acknowledge this support by including the following in your publication: "We thank the Duke University School of Medicine for the use of the Microbiome Shared Resource, which provided _________ service."