Shearing with Covaris S220 Focused-Ultrasonicator
The S220 Focused-ultrasonicator is a versatile, high power system engineered for pre-analytical sample processing with Covaris’ patented Adaptive Focused Acoustics™. Utilizing a spherical acoustic transducer, specifically designed AFA™ Tubes, and advanced electronics, AFA delivers controlled energy precisely and accurately to sample volumes from 25 μl to 10 ml.
The versatility of the S220 Focused-ultrasonicator makes it possible to bring the advantages of AFA to numerous biological and chemical applications including, DNA, RNA, and chromatin shearing, tissue homogenization, cell lysis, compound dissolution, and particle micronization.
The S220 Focused-ultrasonicator is computer controlled by SonoLab™ Software, incorporating preset protocols for standard methods, such as DNA shearing to specific fragment lengths, and easy-to-use-tools for user-defined protocols. The S220 is also compatible with ActiveX control if required for more specialized customer-defined, laboratory automation applications.
Advantages of DNA shearing with Covaris:
- Reproducible, narrow size distribution
- Non-contact, closed tube–no chance of cross contamination
- Isothermal, high recovery process
- Compatible & validated with ALL Next-gen sequencing platforms—SOLiD/Ion Torrent, Roche/454, Illumina/HiSeq to MiSeq
Service Pricing and Summary
- Please contact us at email@example.com for Covaris service pricing.
- Check out our service summary flyer: Covaris Shearing .
DNA Shearing for NGS Service Details & Options
- DNA concentration with QuBit
- DNA shearing with Covaris
- (optional service) AMPure XP bead purification
- (optional service) Bioanalyzer DNA 1000 chip for fragment size confirmation and concentration
- (optional service) QuBit reading after shearing
- If you are interested in other services that are not listed, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Investigators that wish to use Covaris Shearling service should use our online submission forms to initiate the process.
- Please email us at email@example.com the library prep platform/protocol.
- Please provide suggested Covaris shearing protocol if available.
- Please provide desired fragment length (bp) in online submission form.
Sample Requirements, Tubes & Protocols
- 1.5-3 ug of genomic DNA or as directed by the library prep protocol in 1.5mL tubes
- 50 ul or 130 ul for the microtube (for shearing sizes between 150 - 1500 base pairs)
- 200 ul for minitube (for shearing sizes between 2000 - 5000 base pairs)