RNA Quality Check
Our RNA quality check service includes:
- Quality check with NanoDrop to assess sample concentration and purity.
- Quality check with Agilent Bioanalyzer to assess sample integrity.
- Quality check report to summarize sample quality.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919)668-1583 for pricing.
Investigators that wish to use RNA Quality Check service should use our online submission forms to initiate the process.
Preferred RNA isolation methods for microarray analysis
- Qiagen RNA isolation kits
- Ambion RNA isolation kits
- Please DNase treat your total RNA samples. If you did not DNase treat your RNA samples, please follow this protocol on page 71, procedures E1-E3.
NanoDrop Spectrophotometer (ND-8000)
NanoDrop is a cuvette free spectrophotometer system used to quantitate micro-volumes of sample. NanoDrop 8000 allows up to eight micro-volume samples (0.5 ul - 2.0 ul) to be measured simultaneously.
Articles Related to RNA Quality Check with NanoDrop
The Agilent Bioanalyzer RNA assay leverages microfluidics technology, enabling the quality analysis of RNA using only 1ul of sample. The assay is run on the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer instrument and utilises the Agilent 2100 Expert Software to analyze and display results. An RNA Integrity Number (RIN score) is generated for each sample on a scale of 1-10 (1=lowest; 10=highest) as an indication of RNA quality. The 18s/28s ratio and an estimation of concentration is also produced.
- Assay types and info:
|Chip Type||RNA type||Concentration Range||max # of samples per chip|
|RNA Nano Chip||totalRNA||25-1000ng/ul||12|
|RNA Pico Chip||totalRNA||0.05-5ng/ul||11|
Articles Related to RNA Quality Check with Agilent Bioanalyzer
- RNA Quality.ppt
- Using RIN.pdf
- The Total RNA Story.pdf
- mRNA with Agilent Bioanalyzer
- Quality of Cancer RNA Samples.pdf
- Optimizing RNA extraction yield from whole blood.pdf
- Whole blood and leukocyte isolation.pdf
- Whole Blood Sample Prep for gene expression microarray.ppt
- Globin reduction protocol A method.pdf
- Quantitation with agilent bioanalyzer ribogreen UV.pdf