NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING SERVICES PRICING AND ORDERING
You can check our prices and place an order for our Next-Generation Sequencing services (including library prep) using our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), DUGSIM: Duke University Genome Sequencing Information Manager. At any stage in DUGSIM, you can hover over the help icon ? in order to get more details. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any project design or technical questions, you can contact us by email or schedule a phone/in-person consultation:
Estimate the cost of a project
- Click on "Estimate cost".
- If you have multiple affiliations, select the appropriate one.
- Choose your sequencing platform, library preparation type + quantity, and sequencing protocol + quantity.
- Validate your estimate request by clicking on "Estimate cost".
- If you have any questions, you can send a message to our staff using the comment box located below the cost estimate.
Create an account in DUGSIM
- Go to DUGSIM.
- Click on "Sign up".
- Enter your name, your email (this will be your login), and your password.
- Choose an institution from the dropdown list or create a new one.
- Join an existing lab (designated account manager will receive your request) or create a new lab (you will become the account manager for this lab).
Getting an official quote (ACCOUNT REQUIRED)
- Prepare a cost estimate as described above.
- Sign in DUGSIM if not already.
- Click on the "Request quote" button at the bottom of the "Estimate the cost of a project" page.
- Someone from our staff will review and process your request within a few hours.
Placing an order (quote required)
- Once your quote is approved, you will receive an email from DUGSIM.
- Sign in DUGSIM if not already.
- Go to the "Main" page and locate your quote.
- For non-Duke users: fill and approved the online authorization form then click on "Advance to Orderable"; Duke users can directly place an order from the aproved quote.
Submit your sample(s) (order required)
- Once your order is placed and we have validated your mode of payment (reception of your Purchase Order form or valid Fund Code), your project will be assigned a unique order number and you will be able to submit your sample.
- Once you are ready to submit your samples, make sure to go to log back into your DUGSIM account, go to your order and click on the "Edit samples etc." button. A table will appear for you to fill in information about your samples. All samples should be accompanied a copy of your order (printed from DUGSIM).
- If you are on campus, please bring your samples/libraries to Heather Hemric, ZhengZheng Wei, or Holly Dressman:
CIEMAS, room 2208B. 101 Science Dr.
Sample Drop-Off Hours at CIEMAS 2208B:
• Monday – Friday: 2 – 3 P.M.
When submitting one sample, please submit in a 1.5mL Eppendorf tube. Make sure to write the sample number listed on your order sample sheet on the top the tube.
Should you submit more than one sample, please use polypropylene PCR plates.
Any plate submitted must be clear and semi-skirted! We will no accept full-skirted, deep well, round-bottom, or flat-bottom plates!
Visit the Sample Requirement page for more details
- Samples can also be dropped off anytime during week days at the Chesterfield Building downtown Durham:
701 W. Main Street, Suite 320
- For non-Duke researchers, send yoursamples to this shipping address:
Att: [TECHNOLOGY] sequencing (replace [TECHNOLOGY] by "Illumina" or "PacBio")
GCB Sequencing and Genomic Technologies Shared Resource
701 W. Main Street,
Durham, NC 27701