The Proteomics and Metabolomics Shared Facility has two different Fusion Lumos Tribrid Orbitraps:
- Fusion Lumos Tribrid Orbitrap with CID, HCD, ETD and EThcD
- Fusion Lumos Tribrid Orbitrap with CID, HCD, ETD, EThcD and UVPD
"Most advanced mass spectrometer for the most advanced research applications"
Excel at the most challenging of applications, including low level PTM analysis, multiplexed relative quantitaion using isobaric tags, intact protein characterization, as well as MSn analysis of small molecules with the new Thermo ScientificTM Orbitrap FusionTM LumosTM TribridTM Mass Spectrometer. This system incorporates the brightest ion source, a segmented quadrupole mass milter with improvised selectivity and ion transmission, Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved ion transmission to the Thermo ScientificTM OrbitrapTM mass analyzer, ETD HD, and a higher-capacity ETD fragmentation.
- A brighter ion source provided by a High Capacity Transfer Tube and an Electrodynamic Ion Funnel for increased sensitivity
- Advanced Active Ion Beam Guide for improved robustness
- Segmented quadrupole powered by Advanced Quadrupole Technology for improved precursor ion selection and transmission
- Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved vacuum in the C-trap and Orbitrap regions resulting in improved ion transfer to the Orbitrap mass analyzer
- ETD HD (High Definition ETD) incorporating a higher capacity ion-ion reaction for improved dynamic range of ETC spectra
- UVPD, a new fragmentation technique achieved with a 213 nm UV laser