Microbiome Core Facility Service Guidelines
We are here to help you through every step of your research project that aims to study the role of microbial systems in human healthcare, food production and environmental restoration. We also provide access to NanoString that will aid in studying immune oncology, cancer research and infectious disease.
Step 1: Schedule a consultation with us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 919-668-1583 prior to experiment and sample submission. We provide experimental design, sample collection and procedure protocols, pre- and post-grant support, manuscript support and REDCap development support.
Step 2: Review Experimental Design Papers:
- Guidelines regarding human subjects protection and microbiome research
- Best practices for analyzing microbiomes
- Conducting a microbiome study
- Controls to consider for Microbiome Research
- Microbiome 101: Studying, analyzing and interpreting gut microbiome data for clinicians
- 16S data analysis approach using QIIME 2
Step 3: Obtain quote for services needed for your research.
Step 5: Submit service request and sample information via our online submission form.
Step 6: Submit samples Monday and Tuesday between 2 - 3 p.m. outside the entrance of MSRB3. Email email@example.com or call (919-684-8224) to tell us what time you will arrive, so we can accept your samples. For Covaris shearing samples, please contact Heather Hemric for scheduling service.
Step 7: For data analysis of sequencing data, schedule a consultation with Dr. David Corcoran's Genomic Analysis and Bioinformatics Shared Resource.
Changes to Sample Drop Off
- You must wear a mask when delivering samples.
- Samples can be dropped off on Mondays and Tuesdays between 2 - 3 p.m.
- All samples must be submitted with a copy of the order form.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lab at 919-684-8224 to notify us when you arrive at MSRB3.
- A staff member from the Microbiome Core Facility will meet you outside the entrance with a cooler. Samples will be received outside to maintain social distancing.