IGSP Education Curriculum Committee
- The Curriculum Committee is responsible for approving all new undergraduate and graduate courses (including house courses) that carry the ‘Genome’ designation, and for general review of long-term issues and strategy relating to the course of study for the GSP Certificate program, seminar series and special educational events (i.e., Genome Academy) and community outreach initiatives. The Committee shall ensure proper and appropriate academic credit, classification and labeling of all courses in accordance with University policies and practices.
- The Committee will serve as the 'interface” with graduate programs associated with the IGSP (UPGG and CBB).
- The Committee will also provide advice to the Director of Education & Training.
- In addition, special requests by the University such as general curricular reviews or program reviews will be under the responsibility of the Curriculum Committee. Other less formal requests do come in from time to time and will not normally be the responsibility of the Curriculum Committee; however, the Committee may be asked to comment.
Meetings and Time Commitments
If no general curricular review is to be undertaken this year, the committee burdens will probably be light. Reviews of new courses may occur at any time of the year, but are generally expected to occur before an upcoming semester.
Members of the Committee
- Faculty Members: Beth Sullivan, Uwe Ohler, Lingchong You, Charmaine Royal
- Student Representatives: Selina Chen (Undergraduate); Lisa Pfefferle (Graduate)
- Chair: Susanne Haga, Director of Education & Training
- Staff: Jessica Crowley, Education Program Coordinator